Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

A J** I Used to Like

I'm not sure exactly what sort of politics are involved in the current issue at our store, but politics there are. I am rather incensed, however, that the fall guys in all the politics happen to be the five remaining employees at my work, who, according to the loss prevention manager are all thieves, myself included. I am confused at this one completely.
About three months or so ago, we had an inventory, but as it was done in a hurry (in one day by very disgusted, fatigued and overworked managers), the results were dreadful, placing us well below par. We were, as a result, put on some sort of "program". That was all well and good, but "they" (I'm not sure who "they" really are, actually) failed to mention that we were not only under intense scrutiny, but were also supposed to be performing (or not performing) certain duties apart from the norm for which we were not informed at all.
Today, our loss prevention guy, whom I once thought was nice, but now, has, indeed, become the top of my *ahem* list, came in, tore into the store like a rotton potato and told us we are all thieves. I wasn't present for all of this, but received a phone call shortly after the guy left by the store's assistant manager, telling me that the coffee pot that I purchased for the store with the "consent" of our area manager, was not really supposed to be purchased, and I had to pay it back to the store. (The area manager also denied telling me that it was possible). Therefore, I have the feeling that I'm at the top of the loss prevention guy's *ahem* list as well.
I don't quite understand why, when we received such a bad inventory count, that "they" didn't order it done over at a date closer than six months later, to verify the count. I will be very angry when the next inventory comes along and the numbers are over (like they were in the inventory before this one).
I am quite angry at this situation, and if it weren't for the fact that quitting would put me in a bad light, I would hand in my keys and apron. (I have a keyboard now and can make twice as much money as an avid piano teacher if I put my mind to it! ) However, I have worked for this company too long to let them push me around this way. There isn't one employee in the store that I would even remotely THINK of as a thief. Not one. I can't believe this is happening, but I think it might have something to do with closing the store and using it as some sort of tax loss thing--of course, they'd have to make up some excuse, and we are simply lowly, hourly, at-will employees with no rights.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?