Friday, September 29, 2006

 

Absence Makes the Heart Grow...Something

I haven't written anything in a while. Mainly because I've been dealing with some of my own issues here on the homefront that don't merit public opinion. In fact, I've taken up the HANDWRITTEN Journal once again, and I must say, it is actually quite relieving. There's nothing like a real-paper, style-it-as-you-like-it, cross-it-off-and-write-around-it journal to get the thoughts out of the darkest reaches of my mind. Somehow, this whole public, cyber-detailing of my life doesn't pull the creativity, nor the healing out of me the way the "old fashioned" one does, and I have tended to spend more time on the other one than I have here of late. That's where I've been--reminding myself that I have to manually cross my "t"s and that if I write too fast, I get cramps in my forearm. I haven't done that for a long time. My penmanship has really suffered for lack of use...but, I'm enjoying every last letter of it.

Comments:
I still haven't consistently done that. I need to.
I miss you posting on your blog, though. :)
 
;)
 
nice penmanship Denise : )
 
You are quite right that handwriting something is a good way to get deeper into the subject.

I think it's because one has to think a little harder.

However, it takes a lot more discipline to write by hand.

I do that on complicated subjects. It helps me not be so long winded.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?